Saturday, January 5, 2013

Organic Beauty Products (DIY Scrub)


My first few posts have been about some of my fashion choices, however, I wanted to dedicate this for one for one of my favorite home made beauty product. My wonderful sugar, honey & lemon scrub! 



When it comes to my beauty regimen I like to keep it as organic, as possible. I used to be the kind of girl that would spend a fortune on beauty products, which would give me little to no results in return. Until one day that I decided to try the organic “home remedy” route, and oh boy am I glad I did! Beauty products out there contain way too many harmful chemicals, and to find a good product one needs to try way too many bad ones, & my budget nor my skin appreciate that.  

This scrub works wonderfully for those with acne-prone skin. But, of course, the entire body can benefit from a lemon and sugar exfoliation that leaves skin soft and insanely smooth. I like to indulge in this scrub from head to toe!
What you’ll need:
1/2 fresh lemon
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tbls of olive oil
1 tbls of organic honey
Add lemon juice and olive oil in to a bowl until they mix together. Add the honey and stir quickly until the ingredients bind together. You can add or subtract the amount of olive oil and honey that you use depending on how thick you want your scrub to be. Add in the sugar and mix. 

Instructions:
As a body scrub: Apply to body, paying extra close attention to elbows, knees, feet and hands (nails and cuticles especially) and rub in circular motions for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse. Enjoy the silky softness of your smooth skin.
As a face scrub: The lemon and sugar scrub is also great for the face, but use with gentle circular motions. Ingredients are highly beneficial for acne prone skin. Lemon tightens pores and evens out the skin tone, sugar removes dead skin cells and cleans pores, olive oil heals acne scaring, and honey prevents future breakouts.
To use, apply to clean face in gentle, circular motions. Be cautious of using on open wounds as the lemon may sting. Leave on for 7-10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
There are several ways to make a lemon and sugar scrub but I have found this one to be the easiest and most effective.

Let me know if you tried it, and how it works for you! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments they truly make my day that much better! If you have a specific question feel free to email it or ask on here, I will be more than glad to answer it.

Xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...